ABOUT MANDEL ARBITRATION
David S. Mandel is an independent international arbitrator specializing in commercial and investment disputes.
David is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and has been appointed as Chair and co-arbitrator on International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) arbitration panels. David is also a member of the arbitrator roster of the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). He is also on the BAS panel of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
David Mandel uses the flexibility of arbitration procedures to control time and cost while ensuring that all parties have an opportunity to be heard. He believes that the arbitration process should be managed, first and foremost, in a way that is consistent with the priorities and procedural expectations of the parties. David thoroughly learns his cases and is a good listener.
CORNELL LAW SCHOOL Ithaca, New York. J.D. 1986
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS London, England. Graduate Studies in International Relations, 1982-83
BROWN UNIVERSITY Providence, Rhode Island. A.B., Political Science, magna cum laude, 1982
MANDEL & MANDEL LLP
Partner. Represents individuals and corporations in complex commercial litigation, compliance and regulatory matters, internal investigations, grand jury proceedings, arbitrations and trials. Served as Court appointed Receiver in both Securities and Exchange Commission and Federal Trade Commission matters. Obtained a $67 million jury verdict after a lengthy federal trial in Coquina Investments v. TD Bank. In a landmark decision, the jury found that TD Bank had defrauded investors caught up in the Scott Rothstein Ponzi scheme. The verdict was the largest federal jury award in Florida during 2012. 1997-present.
MORGAN, LEWIS & BOCKIUS LLP
Of Counsel. Directed the Miami Office’s Corporate Investigations and Criminal Defense (CICD) Practice Group. Handled numerous criminal and civil litigation matters, involving RICO, antitrust violations, securities fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and money laundering. 1995-1997.
UNITED STATES ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
Southern District of Florida
Assistant United States Attorney. Investigated and prosecuted a variety of complex criminal and asset forfeiture matters. Received Evans Memorial Award, given to the Outstanding Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Florida. Extensive trial and appellate experience. 1989-1995.
COFFIELD UNGARETTI & HARRIS
Associate. Handled commercial, products liability and securities litigation. 1986-1989.
Admitted in Florida, Illinois, New York and Washington, D.C.
Business: Experience as advocate and/or neutral in disputes relating to financial services and banking, real estate, international investment, finance, health care, securities and commodities, business torts, contracts, antitrust and environmental regulation. Substantial expertise in handling complex matters involving allegations of fraud.
Employment: Experience as advocate in disputes relating to employment, employment contracts, non-competition, confidentiality agreements, and termination arrangements.
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Miami International Arbitration Society
- Panel of Arbitrators, Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Member, Wilson Council, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington, D.C. 2007-2018
- Chair, International Law Committee, Dade County Bar Association, 2015-2016
- Member, Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter
- Chair, Federal Court Committee, Dade County Bar Association, 1998 – 2000
- President, Foster Care Review, Inc., Miami, Florida, 2000 – 2002
- President, B’nai B’rith Bench & Bar, 1997
- FAA Commercial Pilot’s License, 1984
- The Best Lawyers in America — 2020 Securities Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami.
- America’s Leading Business Lawyers, Chambers USA
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating — AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- Top Lawyers in South Florida, South Florida Legal Guide
- The International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defense Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers
- People of the Year, Daily Business Review, 2014
- Finalist, Most Effective Lawyer, Daily Business Review, 2012
- Key Partners Award, South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Evans Memorial Award, Outstanding Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida
Born January 23, 1959
Married; Three Children
Languages: English, Conversational French (in progress)